Johnson Announces Service Academy Class of 2024
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Representative Dusty Johnson (R-S.D.) today announced nine South Dakota students who will be attending one of the United States Service Academies. These students were nominated by Johnson and received an appointment to each student’s preferred academy.
“Saying it is an honor to nominate students from across our great state to serve our nation doesn’t do the moment justice,” said Johnson. “These are not ordinary high school graduates. Some grew up knowing they were interested in attending an academy, some grew up in a family with a long line of military service and some have no family military history at all. But what they do have in common is a good moral character, their commitment to our nation’s defense and selfless bravery and courage. They all feel called to serve their country and I will be forever grateful.”
The following students were nominated by Rep. Johnson and have since accepted their appointments to attend a United States Service Academy:
United States Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD:
- Eleanor Abraham, Brookings High School (Brookings, SD)
- Julia Lair, Lincoln High School (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Madeline Loewe, Lennox High School (Lennox, SD)
United States Military Academy – West Point, NY:
- Enoch Crow, James O’Neill High School (originally from Rapid City, SD; family currently stationed at West Point, NY)
- Isaac Buchholtz, T.F. Riggs High School (Pierre, SD)
- Max Martin, Lincoln High School (Sioux Falls, SD.
United States Air Force Academy – Colorado Springs, CO:
- Corwyn “Ethan” Wipf, Rapid City Christian High School (Rapid City, SD)
- Pierce Okken, Harrisburg High School (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Zachary Curd, O’Gorman High School (Sioux Falls, SD)
The deadline to apply for a Class of 2025 Service Academy nomination is October 30, 2020. For more information on the nomination process, please visit https://dustyjohnson.house.gov/services/military-academy-nominations.