Help with a Federal Agency

One of Congressman Johnson’s priorities is to cut bureaucratic red tape for South Dakotans. Our casework team is ready to assist constituents who need help with individual problems as they relate to the federal government. We will make every effort to help you receive an answer in a timely fashion and help you get the information you are requesting. Although we cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, we can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just ensure you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

To receive assistance from our office, you must first submit a Privacy Release Form including a detailed explanation of the nature of your concerns. Once the form is received, a caseworker will be assigned to your case and will keep you informed of the progress.

Complete Privacy Form and Open a Case

Do you reside in South Dakota?

Congressional courtesy, ethics rules, and propriety dictate that each Member of Congress has the honor and responsibility to serve their own constituents.  If you do not reside in South Dakota, please contact the Representative from your district. 

Government Institutions and Agencies with which we can assist:

Where we cannot intervene:

Because of the Constitutional separation of powers between the three branches of government, judicial matters (matters which involve the court system) do not fall under the jurisdiction of a Member of Congress. Examples of judicial matters are:

  • Child custody
  • Divorce
  • Civil/Criminal trials
  • Pardons/records expungement